Feta Scramble Wrap
- 1-1/2 cups Southwestern-style egg substitute
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced pepperoncini, chopped
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
Place a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in egg substitute; cook and stir until thickened and no liquid egg remains. Gently stir in cheese and pepperoncini; heat through. Serve in tortillas.
Deli Turkey Lettuce Wrap
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces sliced deli turkey, coarsely chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add turkey; heat through. Stir in tomatoes and vinegar just until combined.
- Serve in lettuce leaves. Top with avocado, cheese and if desired, sprouts
Shrimp or Chicken Zucchini Pasta
- 4 medium zucchini trimmed
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 6 medium mushroom(s), white button sliced
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 pound(s) shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape halved
- 1/2 medium lemon(s) juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise to create noodle-like ribbons. Alternatively, use a mandolin with a julienne plate, a julienne peeler or a vegetable spiralizer to make the "noodles."
- Place zucchini in a mesh strainer over a bowl or the sink. Sprinkle with sea salt, and toss with tongs (or use freshly washed hands) to make sure the salt covers the zucchini. Let zucchini sit for 20-25 minutes, occasionally tossing. Drain and discard any excess liquid.
- When "noodles" are drained, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and wait 15 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to the hot pan and saute, stirring frequently for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp with cayenne pepper (if desired). Add to the mushroom mixture in the hot pan, along with cherry tomatoes. Saute, stirring frequently for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp are bright pink.
- Add zucchini and lemon juice and stir just to heat through. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Season with additional sea salt (if desired) and freshly ground black pepper.